In order to address the more unique and specific issues associated with building affordable housing in rural areas, the Scottish Government has created a new Rural Housing Fund to increase affordable housing across all tenures in rural Scotland. The fund consists of grant and loan funding, including a feasibility funding pot to help projects start off.
The Rural Housing Fund can be accessed by a wide range of applicants, from community organisations and development trusts, to private landowners and developers and also traditional housing providers, to help fund new build housing projects or to bring empty properties into use. This includes the renovation of commercial or non-domestic poperties housing for residential use.
How can Rural Housing Scotland help you develop your project?
- Use our wealth of experience working on community-led housing projects to give you practical support and advice
- Undertake housing needs and feasibility studies
- Advise you on your business plan
- Help you find other finance
- Help you to forge partnerships with other organisations that will strengthen your project
- Have a question? Contact Derek or Cameron now!
I want to read more and apply…
The fund is now open for applications, and applications can be submitted at anytime.
More information can be found on the Scottish Government website.
For how to apply and to submit an Expression of Interest? Click here.
For the main applications form, click here.
Applications to be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org