The Rural Housing Fund was established by the Scottish Government in order to address the unique and specific issues associated with building affordable housing in rural areas, and to increase affordable housing across all tenures in rural Scotland. The fund consists of grant and loan funding, including a feasibility funding pot to help projects start off.
The Rural Housing Fund can be accessed by a wide range of applicants, from community organisations and development trusts, to private landowners and developers and also traditional housing providers, to help fund new build housing projects or to bring empty properties into use. This includes the renovation of commercial or non-domestic properties housing for residential use.
How can Rural Housing Scotland help you develop your project?
We’re experts at helping rural communities develop housing projects. If you are considering applying to the Rural Housing Fund, we can help you by:
- using our wealth of experience working on community-led housing projects to give you practical support and advice;
- undertaking housing needs and feasibility studies;
- advising you on your business plan;
- helping you find additional funding and finance;
- helping you to forge partnerships with other organisations that will strengthen your project.
Have a question or would like to know more? Email Derek now!
Find out more
Rural Housing Fund and Islands Housing Fund information on the MyGov website: